Go with Robert, wine tourism professional in VinOHrando, for a "trip to the heart of the Collioure vineyards" on the heights of the Vermeille coast and enjoy the exceptional panorama.
You will discover all the secrets of the Collioure / Banyuls appellation, the history of the vineyard from its origins, the terroirs, the particular cultivation techniques of the Collioure and Banyuls estates, the winemaking methods and all the anecdotes that will make this visit unusual. and captivating!
These wine tourism experiences are a moment of sharing and exchange that Robert will offer you in a friendly atmosphere for discoveries and exclusive meetings on an exciting theme
These walks will end with a tasting at the Domaine Pietri Géraud cellar by Maguy or Laetitia. Domaine Pietri-Géraud is a fascinating story of five generations of Colliourenq winemakers who succeed each other to be worn today by 2 women: Maguy PIETRI-GERAUD and his daughter Laetitia.
Maguy and Laetitia cultivate wine on the steep slopes of the municipalities of Collioure and Banyuls, on which the shale terraces that form the Collioure and Banyuls appellation area are based. A culture of the vine in hand, in the rules of the Art and especially with passion. They will be happy to share their knowledge and love of wine with you for a tasting in a small group.
We offer 2 types of experiences according to your desires:
Experience 1: Collioure wine tourism formula (1/2 day)!
"Walk in the vineyards of Pietri Géraud"
This half-day will focus on the discovery of the Collioure area.During this Vinohrando, Robert will tell you all the secrets of the culture of the vine in this area, the Collioure appellation, the winemaking methods ... The visit is done on a walking loop and lasts about 2.5 hours. You will enjoy the exceptional panorama of the city of Collioure and end the half-day with a VIP tasting in the cellar of the Pietri Géraud estate (about 1 hour)!
Specifics of experience 1:
- Departure every Thursday morning at 9 a.m.
- Meet at the Collioure Tourist Office
- Full activity duration: 4h
- Individual adult rate: € 21
- Group rate from 6 participants: 11 € / person
- Experience 2: Collioure-Banyuls wine tourism formula (full day)!
"Discovery of the Collioure - Banyuls vineyard"
This day will allow you to explore the areas of Collioure and Banyuls. During this Vinohrando, Robert will explain the specifics of each area to you. The Collioure and Banyuls appellation will have no more secrets for you! You will learn more about the history of the vineyard from its origins, the terroirs, the cultivation techniques ... You will enjoy hikes on one of Occitania's most beautiful vintage, the "Collioure-Banyuls" vintage.
The morning walk, of an easy level, is done on foot on a loop around Banyuls and the coast. It lasts around 2.5 hours at the end of the ride. Lunch, picnic from the bag
In the afternoon another shorter walk around Collioure, with other landscapes, followed by a VIP tasting in the cellar of the Pietri Géraud estate, commented by the winemakers of the estate (about 1 hour).
Specifics of experience 2:
- Departure every Friday morning at 9 a.m.
- Meet at the Banyuls Tourist Office
- Groups of 2 people minimum and 9 maximum (Covid 19 instructions)
- Transfers are by 8-seater vehicle, or individual vehicle beyond 3 people (In the context of Covid 19, the vehicle can only accommodate a maximum of 3 people)
- All departures and returns are from the Banyuls sur mer OT, morning and afternoon
- Full activity duration: 7h
- Individual adult rate: € 38
- Group rate from 6 participants: € 19
- Specifications valid for the 2 experiments:
- Health protocol:
- The group rate applies from 6 people
- Level of difficulty of the hike: easy (100m drop).
- Activity available for an audience from 18 to 77 years old
- Not recommended for pregnant women over 4 months and people who have heart problems
- Possibility to get a maximum of 3 people from their accommodation, but need to know the day before the activity before 12 noon
- Our 4-legged friends accepted on a leash
- Languages FR and GB, Spanish and Catalan included (if the language is not French, specify this when booking)
- Robert is a hiking guide with Professional Civil Liability Insurance:
'' Local guide, holder of a Federal Certificate of Hiking Instructor (FF Mountain Environment), Level 1 Animator (FF Hiking), Rescuer First Aid, my different training courses guarantee your safety. ''
- Recommendations: take water, sun protection, a hat and be well fitted
- Cancellable reservation, notify 2 days before, visit confirmed 2 days before
- The 2 formulas are valid until October 18, 2020