Guided tour
Dominican cooperative whinery

Services and comfort

Contact us

Email Phone Website

Le cellier des Dominicains is a small cooperative wine on a human scale. One hundred and fifty cooperative winegrowers manually cultivate small plots planted on the hillsides. The schist stone terraces make any mechanization impossible. The work is hard and the yields low. The production is divided between the Banyuls appellation (Natural sweet wine) and the Collioure appellation (Red Rosé and White) . Our cellar is located in Port D'Avall, in the old Dominican church dating from the 13th century. Of southern Gothic type with single nave, the church is classified as a historic monument. It is under these ancient vaults that our great wines age.
Help our winegrowers maintain this remarkable heritage of Collioure. Visit of the cellars, free tasting, direct sale.

A little history ...
Located at the end of the port of Avall, it was founded in 1290 under the orders of King James II of Majorca. The 13th century is characterized by the development of the city's activities and by its wealth.The church which would have been built in the XIVth century underwent many reconstructions because of the wars and the earthquake of 1428. It is a church of southern Gothic style . It has a single nave flanked by six side chapels positioned in buttresses. Today there are only five left. The portal of the main facade and the two arches on the left side have been classified as Historic Monuments since 1928. The old cloister is not the original cloister but certain elements belong to it.
Today, the Dominican convent has become the cooperative cellar of Collioure .
Guided tours take place every day except Sunday at 4 p.m. for € 3, with a tasting on site.
Producer of AOP Collioure and AOP Banyuls wines.
Boutique open all year, free tasting.
Cellar visits in season and groups by reservation.

  • Qualité Tourisme


  • Aire de dépose rapide


Place Orphila


  • Groups accepted
  • Pets accepted


  • english
  • catalan
  • spanish
  • french


  • American Express
  • Cheques
  • Cash
  • Eurocard - MasterCard
  • Visa
  • Bank card