The House of Fauvism
is a cultural space dedicated to Fauvism. It is also the house of the guides of the city of Collioure.
In the House of Fauvism we inform you about this art movement and in the shop space many books and reproductions of the works of Henri Matisse
and André Derain
are proposed to you.
In the city, you can follow the path of Fauvism
, a route through the reproductions of their works of summer 1905. A booklet is available at the House of Fauvism and the Tourist Office to accompany you during your visit .
The House of Fauvism constitutes, today, a place essential of the city of Collioure. With this initiative, the Tourist Office of Collioure
or for groups
a discovery of the cultural, artistic and heritage city.Guided tours depart daily from the House of Fauvism.
Cléo and Nina tell the story of the birth of Fauvism
- Through the guided tour "The Fauvism Trail " , and the more detailed version "Chemin du Fauvisme XXL" walk in the footsteps of Henri Matisse and André Derain . In this open-air museum you will understand how, under this light of the south, these painters made their colors sing. It is at the same time a discovery of the village which will be transformed in the twentieth century of important fishing port in "city of the painters" .
- The visit to the heart of history , retraces the rich history of the city of Collioure. Relive the exceptional fate that Collioure has known through time. Glory and war, greatness and everyday life through time.
- The visit of the forts is a landscape reading of the main fortifications of Collioure (Fort round, Fort square, Fort Miradou ...).
- Collioure and its religious heritage is a visit that will evoke the following themes: from Saint Vincent to the Crusades, from the Lighthouse to the church and from the revolution to the construction of the temple. Walk in Collioure with a thorough visit of the Notre-Dame-Des-Anges church.
- Collioure and colors, city of history and art is a visit that allows your arrival in Collioure to discover walking in the footsteps of Henri Matisse and André Derain most of the rich history of Collioure. A mix of history and culture; Collioure and its colors ..
- Collioure unusual is an intimate stroll, telling the story of Collioure through details that could
we escape. A visit filled with anecdotes and hidden treasures that reveal us Collioure in another way.
- Our cultural mediators also work with schoolchildrento transmit to them the liberating pictorial movement that is fauvism. The children wander through the city studying the works of the Fauvism Path , followed by a pedagogical workshop . Students will paint "in the manner of big cats" or will decipher the paintings in small groups with a treasure hunt.
- Discover the "shop" space of the Maison du Fauvisme . You will find all the reproductions of the Fauvism Path in different formats, small gift items and a selection of very good references on Fauvism and the Fauvism booklet.
Guided tours are held all year long Opening:
- March: Monday to Friday 9:30 to 12:30 / 14:00 to 17:30
- From April: Monday to Saturday 9h30-12h30 / 15h-18h
- Fauvism Path
- Fauvism Path XXL
- At the heart of the story
- Visit of the forts
- Collioure and its religious heritage
- Collioure and colors, city of history and art
- Unusual Collioure
10, rue Prud'homie - 66 190 Collioure
- Normal: 7 €
- Fauvism XXL: 9 €
- Unemployed and heritage pass: 5 €
- Child from 8 to 12 years old: 2 €
- Under 8 years old: free
- Family Pack: 15 €
Take advantage of one of our guides
to help you discover Collioure and its artistic and historical riches!
Guided tours (in French, English, Spanish). Reservation required at the Tourist Office or Maison du Fauvisme
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information: 04 68 82 15 47
Consult our brochure to find out more!click here
Discover the video on the path of Fauvism by clicking here
To learn more about Fauvism, click here
Consult the article of our blog, by clicking here
To learn more about art in Collioure, click here
The opinions of our customers:
" Always so much fun to find our guide, a passionate, colorful ...... tawny!
His artistic knowledge and his love of Collioure seduce us "
Joel and Marleen
" What a truly wonderful tour of Collioure You have been brought to life with your enthusiasm and knowledge.
Many thanks "
The Speedy Family
" Very nice visit by an outstanding guide.
Thank you so much ! "
Beatrice September 2018
" Very nice walk in the footsteps of Matisse and Derain.
Very interesting comments that help to better understand the works. "
Jacques and Martine
" The painting workshop was great! "
" The path of Fauvism: a real treat, commented with so much enthusiasm and passion for this beautiful region.
thank you "