The path of Fauvism is a cultural experience in which you will live in the time of the summer of 1905 and the luminous history of the birth of Fauvism in Collioure.
An exciting exploration in an open-air museum that will allow you to understand how under this midday light, these painters made their colors sing to create strikingly colored works, now known throughout the world.
The path of Fauvism is also the discovery of this village which "from one of the most important fishing ports of Roussillon" became during the 20th century, "The City of Painters".
The Tourist Office offers guided walks in the village, in the footsteps of the two great masters, initiator of this first great artistic movement of the 20th century. Follow this "Path of Fauvism", punctuated by reproductions of their paintings made during the summer of 1905. Feel the emotions of the painters through the story of their biography, of their immersion in the Collioure of the time. Follow the chronology of their workshops and discover the museographic study of their works.
- Wednesday 11/05 at 3:30 p.m. (duration 1h30)
- Monday 16/05 at 10 a.m. (duration 1h30)
- Thursday 19/05 and 26/05 at 3:30 p.m. (duration 1h30)
- Wednesday 1/06 at 3.30 p.m. (duration 1.5 hours)
- Friday 10/06 at 3:30 p.m. (duration 1h30)
English and Spanish on request.
Book online above or on site (maison du fauvism or at the tourist office).
House of Fauvism (10 Rue de la Prud Homie, 66190 Collioure)
- Adult: 8.5€
- Heritage pass, unemployed, 10 - 17 years old, student: €6.5
- Child under 10 years old: 0€
Reservation non-cancellable, non-refundable