Office de tourisme de Collioure

Château Royal

    Château Royal

    Built on the site of a former Roman castrum, it was converted between 1266 and 1344 to receive the court of the Kings of Majorca. Occupied by the Spanish until 1642, the fortress then passed into the hands of the French, and it was Vauban that had the outer wall and glacis built.

    Listed as a historic monument in 1922, today it belongs to the Conseil Général des Pyrénées Orientales, and serves as a setting for exhibitions and events.