A loop starting from the town of Collioure to the Château de Valmy which offers a magnificent landscape!
Duration: 4h30 Length: 15 km Elevation: 359 m Difficulty: Medium Itinerary:
- Step 1 : Leave from the tourist office , turn left up to the bell tower also known as the Church of Our Lady of the Angels .
- Step 2 : Before that, take the stairs on the left, which will take you to the rue de la Paix and the Mirador . Once at the top you can admire the bell tower . If you take a good look around you can see a reproduction of a painting by Matisse with his friend Derain in 1905.
- Step 3 : On the left, head towards Argelès-sur-Mer along the sidewalk which is on the right just after crossing the roundabout. Be careful, the coast is steep.
- Step 4 : Once at the stadium parking lot, turn right and walk along it to arrive at the coastal path .
- Stage 5 : All along the path you can see the fortifications of Vauban . The view is incredible up to Ouille beach .
- Step 6 : Once you arrive, take the stairs that lead to the back of the "Criques de Porteils" campsite .
- Step 7 : After the campsite, go to the coastal path to enjoy the beautiful view overlooking the Porteils coves and you can also see the beach of Argelès-sur-Mer .
- Stage 8 : You will start the coastal path with a big climb that ends with a staircase in front of the hamlet of Racou . Go through it while following the yellow markers that lead to the port of Argelès-sur-Mer .
- Step 9 : Follow the RD 81 and take the path that leads to the Château de Valmyby taking the cycle path from the Holiday Village to the Château which is located between the vineyards and the Albères massif .
- Stage 10 : Admire the magnificent panorama before continuing the return to Collioure . Leave the car park towards the cellar by the path that begins at the car park.
- Stage 11 : Cross the vineyard of the Château for about 1 km, before following the expressway through a tunnel.
- Step 12 : At the exit go left towards Mas Perillot then take the D 114.
- Step 13 : Take a left towards the Racou , standing behind the low wall. Once you have crossed the cycle path, go to the hamlet of Racou via the roundabout.
- Stage 14 : A wooden footbridge which is located behind the roundabout leads to a forest. You will then take a path that goes around the hamletgiving you a superb view.
- Stage 15 : You will go to the coastal path and take the same path taken on the way out.
- Stage 16 : You have the choice to go by the same path as on the outward journey or take the path to meet at the bottom of the cove at the stairs which will take you to Collioure .
To learn more click here